With the busy schedules, many people hardly get enough time to cook their food and if you are among one of those people then you must take your foot forward for purchasing few simple kitchen appliances like microwave, rice cooker etc. The modern day rice cookers have proved to be a boon for the working ladies who do not get enough time to cook different rice recipes for their family.
The rice cookers have a pan or the pot attached to them, in which rice is cooked. Generally, the material of these pots is plastic, glass or ceramic. If you are stepping forward to purchase the rice cooker, but not able to select the best one for yourself, then you can read the reliable rice cooker reviews. These reviews are generally given by the experts thus you can rely on them when purchasing a rice cooker.
The rice cooker is quite a small electric appliance and hence can easily be placed anywhere in the kitchen. However, for easy operation, make sure that you place it where there is an electric plug in point.
The best part of the rice cookers is that they are safe to use and come loaded with a number of features like timer, steaming option etc. which makes cooking easy and enjoyable. They come with the attached handles for carrying the rice cookers which do not get heated at the time of cooking the rice.
Know what to consider while purchasing the rice cooker
- The first and foremost thing that you need to consider is the material of the pot, lid etc. in order to purchase the durable as well as the best material.
- Different rice cookers have different operation as they come loaded with different features. Remember to purchase the one that offers easy usage and you do not have to think twice before using the appliance.
- Technology utilized in cooking the rice is another thing that you need to consider while purchasing the rice cooker. If you are searching the rice cooker with few of the advanced features you can opt for purchasing the fully automated rice cooker or the one that allows keeping the rice warm for a longer period of time.
- Know the volume of rice which can be cooked in a one go in the rice cooker that you are purchasing. The capacity of rice cooker can be known in two ways, first its capacity before cooking and its capacity after cooking.
- Since, the rice cooker works on electricity you also need to enquire about the power consumption. It is advisable to purchase the rice cooker that consumes less wattage in order to cut down the cost of your electricity bill.
Apart from the advantages of the rice cooker there are certain drawbacks also. Some of the drawbacks of the rice cookers are listed below –
- Many of the rice cookers do not cook the brown rice evenly. In addition to this, many a times the lower layer of the rice in the cooker is gluey thus hindering the taste of the rice.
- The cleaning of the rice cooker is another hard task as in addition to the cooking pot you are also required to clean the steaming vents, outer surface as well as the inner lid of the cooker.