Exercise and workout is the best way to stay fit and healthy. At the gym, you can find various types of machines which are helpful in different types of workouts to reduce fat from different parts of the body, strengthen your muscular power and stamina, improve your metabolic rate and many more. There are plenty of workout machines which target different areas in body. Rowing machine is one of the best workout machines which is used for increasing strength of the upper body.
As the name suggests, the rowing machine is like rowing a boat. Lots of efforts are needed for rowing the boat and the upper portion of the body has to work a lot. There are various types of rowing machines. For details, you can visit http://www.homerower.com/.
Benefits of using the rowing machine
When a person uses the rowing machine on a regular basis following benefits are recognized by the practitioner:
- It is helpful in losing your weight by burning lots of calories and melting down fat deposited in your body.
- Muscles get toned up when you use rowing machine for workout.
- Body becomes more flexible.
- Stress level from the muscles also gets reduced.
- There is less risk of injury while using rowing machine.
- It is the perfect machine which works on your abs, arms, chest and legs all together. You do not have to do separate workout for different body parts.
- It focuses on the cardiovascular health of the person and uses carbohydrates to provide energy to the person.
One of the great advantages of owning a rowing machine at home is that you do not have to waste your money in gym where you cannot do sufficient workout on the rowing machine. You also do not have to go anywhere and you can do workout on it anytime.
Advanced rowing machines
On the basis of the resistance for workout on the rowing machine, it is classified into three categories:
- Magnetic rower machine: In this type of rowing machine the magnetic drum is used to resist the movement of the pulley. It is the most silent type of rowing machine which is popular these days.
- Water resistant rowing machine: In this type of rower, the paddle is revolved in an enclosed water tank. Water is used as the resistance in this type of machine.
- Wind or Air resistant rowing machine: This type of rowing machine uses the hydraulic piston to resist the working of the handles and pullers.
In the modern rowing machines, there are various features which have made them easy and comfortable to use. In advanced machines, monitor screen is attached with the machine to know the difficulty level and the intensity of your workout. Some of the machines are even able to monitor and record your progress. There are adjustment keys for setting the difficulty level in rowing machine.